Stanmore Jafferys is excited to announce the return of our February Fitness initiative: ‘Khushalentines’
‘Celebrating the wiladats of Imam Muhammad Taqi (AS) & Imam Ali (AS) which coincide with Valentines Day’
The weekend of Khushalentines was buzzing last year from making and receiving gifts to the walk, run or cycle in between! It was really successful in bringing sisterhood and happiness to those giving and receiving gifts whilst encouraging the community to maintain their fitness. We are excited to announce it’s return this year!
What is it?
‘Khushalentines’ pairs you with another sister who has signed up and encourages you to get some outdoor exercise by either walking, jogging, running or cycling with a gift to her address. You will be allocated to another individual who will provide you with a gift.
How does it work?
1) If you would like to take part, please sign up on the form linked below. You will be asked to provide your name, address and contact number. If there is more than 1 person signing up from the same household, each individual must sign up separately
2) We will then allocate you someone within your local area who will be the individual you are providing with a gift. You may spend up to £5 on the gift or you could hand make it (but please no cooked or prepared foods)
3) On the weekend of 12th-13th February, you must either walk, jog, run or cycle to the address you have been given and place your gift on the doorstep. Note that the aim of this initiative is to encourage fitness and outdoor exercise so avoid driving to the address as this is not the purpose of ‘Khushalentines’
4) Don’t forget to log your exercise on one of our Strava clubs (click the links below to join)
5) On the same weekend, you should receive a gift from a fellow sister who has been allocated your name
6) Open your gift and get in contact with your giver even if it is just to say thank you (please include your name and contact number in your gift if you are comfortable to do so) Please take pictures and tag #SJKhushalentines when buying/ delivering/receiving your present!
- By signing up for ‘Khushalentines’, you consent to your address being shared with one other individual in your local area who has signed up to enable you to receive your gift
- For health and safety reasons, please do not gift any form of cooked or prepared food
- Deadline to sign up: 31st January 2022 at 23:59