Stanmore Jafferys would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude and appreciation to Tahera Merali who is stepping down from her longstanding role as girls badminton lead to take up the challenge of igniting tennis for ladies & girls.
Tahera has been with SJ since it’s inception in 2015 where she took the lead coordinator role for girls badminton. Since then, Tahera has done an incredible job of driving girls badminton forward through her tireless dedication to the cause.
Her achievements to date include:
– Driving Stanmore Jafferys’ affiliation with Badminton England
– Successfully recruiting female badminton coaches (something that is notoriously difficult!)
– Organising matches with local schools and clubs to give the girls valuable experience
– Encouraging girls with incredible talent to play at county level
– Spearheading girls badminton at the SJRS Marhaba Festivals in 2018 and 2019 as well as MAMT for many years
– Unlocking a wealth of badminton talent amongst our girls and cementing the future of SJ badminton
Her contributions to community sports and badminton and commitment to SJ are second to none and we’re honoured to have Tahera as one of our longest serving coordinators.
Luckily, Tahera is not going too far! She has now redirected her wealth of experience to kickstarting SJ tennis. Coming from a family of keen tennis enthusiasts; Tahera is no stranger to the game and we look forward to her taking tennis to the next level!
As mentioned, we are looking to increase our cohort of girls badminton coordinators as demand grows so if you would like to get involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with any member of the EC. We need your help to continue and build on Tahera’s great work!